Baseline Study Report KHUSHAAL PROJECT 2019
Publication Date: 15/10/2019
CARE India in partnership with Alstom Foundation is implementing socio-developmental projects in 7 villages of District Madhepura, Bihar. Project Khushhaal is one among the many initiatives being undertaken in the identified villages. It aims to enhance the capabilities of women and girls (age 12 years and above) and youth in the age group of 18-35 years for resilient livelihoods and improved health outcomes through a participatory process.
The project aims to empower 1500 individuals (women and girls) from these 7 villages (Tuniyahi Uttarwadi, Tuniyahi Dakshinwadi, LakshmiRampur Chakla Uttarwadi, LakshmiRampur Chakla Dakshinwadi, Ganeshsthan, Shreepur Utarwadi and Shreepur Dakshinwadi) with better health and hygiene practices and have better preparedness for gainful employment opportunities
The study focused at 5 specific areas
1. Menstrual Hygiene related status and challenges
2. Health and Hygiene related situation in young Girls, Pregnant and Lactating women
3. Work and Communication Skills status of Adolescents and Youth
4. Work/Market situation of women Entrepreneurs
5. Social Scenario / Current Situation on Safe Space for Girls in community and social realization regarding it.